Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lasagna Pizza

Lasagna and pizza put together into one amazing, VEGAN dinner! YUM!

In one pan, I cooked up some grated carrots, finely chopped celery, onion, and garlic with a few dashes of Italian herbs. After the veggies cooked through, I added a lazy jar of storebought spaghetti sauce.

In another pan, I put some extra virgin olive oil, margarine, and a couple of cloves of pressed garlic on low heat, and thickened it up with some flour. Next, I mixed in some unsweetened soymilk, mashed firm tofu and ground raw cashews. At the end, I added some nutritional yeast. This is my "cheese."

I layered it all into a baking dish with the lasagna noodles while the sauce and "cheese" was still warm. On the top layer, I added some of my favorite pizza toppings: black olives, pineapple, sweet onion, and vegan pepperoni.

I think it's pretty safe to say that this dish was a hit...I'm actually surprised that Rob didn't lick his plate when he was done!


This is definitely not a diet food!

No comments: