Thursday, November 20, 2008

It Smells Like Snow...Inside My House

BRRRR!!! My furnace still is not working. We have somebody coming by in a few hours to look at it. We were able to get through the night by using the baseboard heating in the bedrooms. They actually seemed to keep the bedrooms warm better than the furnace! Unfortunately, the baseboard heaters in the living room and kitchen are functioning as well as the furnace. Rob seems to think that there is something wrong with the baseboard heater in the kitchen that is tripping the circuit breaker, and that the switch that turns on the furnace is on the same breaker. Whatever that means. All I understand is that the heat is not working in the living room and I either get to freeze in here, or hide out in one of the bedrooms. I think I'll allow myself to freeze just a little bit longer.

The one and only plus side to all of this is that it motivated us to go out to dinner! We ate at my FAVORITE Indian restaurant, Karavalli. The food and service are always outstanding. I had my usual: Vegetable Samosas as an appetizer, and then Lassoni Gobi, which is basically breaded cauliflower with some sort of sweet and sour sauce. It's absolutely amazing!


Rob ordered Aloo Gobi, which wasn't our favorite. Good, but not as good as other food we've had there.


Now, of course, the basmati rice! What Indian meal would be complete without it?



I'm definitely going to have some leftover for breakfast! After that, I just might have to start up the oven and bake something - maybe some corn muffins (note: when I use that recipe, I just mix the dry egg replacer with the other dry ingredients, I don't bother mixing it with the water). Not because I'll still be hungry, but to heat up this friggin house! Baby Levon probably won't put up with that though. I have him bundled up like the little brother in A Christmas Story, and he doesn't like it!

No comments: